Hi, I am Laura
I am so glad you're here and I can't wait to meet you and tell the story of your life through photography. I am a documentary photographer based out of Minneapolis, MN. I have been documenting stories through image for over 20 years. I started learning on my dad's 35mm film camera when I was 16 years old, and a passion was awakened. I have been taking pictures of graduates, brides and grooms, families, babies, and all the moments in between ever since.
I would love the opportunity to hear all about the story being written over life and discover how we can document that for the world to see. I so look forward to meeting you!
A little more about me...
- I love change...the seasons, moving, watching my kids grow, meeting new people, new ideas...
- Trees and mountains make my heart happy. I went to Nepal in college and hiked to the Annapurna Base camp in the Himalayas....hardest thing I have ever done!
- I lived in Tanzania Africa for a year after college and got proposed to by my best friend on Mount Kilimanjaro!
- Always Chai Tea
- I have the best 5 kiddos in the world!! You should know them.
- I started The Well in 2013 when we were job less, homeless, and pregnant...yikes!
- I love to read missionary biographies! Chasing the Dragon by Jackie Pullinger is amazing...you should read it!
- I love to travel and experiencing new places
- I grew up sailing with my family in the Apostle Islands during summer...so being on the water is life source for me
- I see life through the lens of my camera
Mandy & Luke
We are so happy that we went with Laura as our photographer! She made us feel comfortable and relaxed, which was a huge desire of mine as I wanted our photos to feel very candid. Forever in awe when I look at our photos!
Mary & Braiden
"We were so thankful we had Laura Cathleen Photography at our wedding to capture every moment. Laura was extremely flexible and adapted to our unique situation with COVID-19. It was such a relief to have someone that was so easy to communicate with in all the stress of wedding planning. She was genuine and worked to give us exactly what we wanted and more. She was able to draw out our personalities and capture our love that we will be able to share with loved ones for years to come."